Posted on 9 July 2015
We are delighted to congratulate Vodafone on the expansion of its operations in Ireland. This announcement of the opening of its European Sales Centre to be located in Carrickmines, Dublin was made by An Taoiseach, Enda Kenny yesterday.
Eugene F. Collins acted on behalf of Vodafone on the letting of the offices in Carrickmines. We wish them every success in the future.
Posted on 1 July 2015
Welcome to our July e-Briefing. In this issue:
• We outline recent caselaw which affirms the concept of the 'click-wrap' contract.
• The Workplace Relations Commission Act 2015 will facilitate a 'one stop shop' for the referral of all workplace disputes. We discuss the benefits of and some concerns about the new Workplace Relations Commission.
• We highlight the criteria which must be present in deciding whether a foreign judgment can be recognised in Ireland.
• We summarise the key facts of a recent copyright case involving the Irish Times and outline the remedies which were available to the Company.
• We look at the Trusted Partner Initiative for employment permit applications which was launched by the Minister for Jobs Enterprise and Innovation, Richard Bruton on 12 May 2015.
• We set out 7 steps businesses can take to help reduce instances of late or non-payment.