Legal Services - Regulatory
Our Regulatory Group provides expert legal and strategic advice to those operating in regulated industries and to statutory regulators across a broad range of sectors including utilities, transportation, financial services, professional regulation, charities, environmental and health & safety.
With the ability to call upon our other highly regarded specialists across a number of legal areas for support such as corporate governance, competition, e-commerce, data protection, consumer law, EU law, pensions, insurance and capital markets our Group is perfectly placed to provide holistic advice on all regulatory matters.
We focus on delivering practical pragmatic solutions in a timely manner and our Group has a depth and breadth of experience our clients can rely on to guide them through the ever-increasingly regulated business environment.
Specialist Areas Include:
- Prosecution and defence of a wide range of regulatory offences
- Central Bank of Ireland authorisations, supervision and enforcement (including the administrative sanctions procedures)
- Powers, duties and obligations of statutory bodies and those operating in regulated markets
- Professional conduct and members complaints procedures and appeals
- Drafting and advising on the internal rules, procedures and bye-laws of statutory bodies
- Internal and external audit preparation, risk management and compliance policies, procedures, review, training and analysis
- Inspections and dawn raids
- Anti-money laundering policies and counter-terrorism financing procedures and training
- Corruption, fraud & white collar crime
- Freedom of information
- Corporate governance and industry specific governance requirements including fitness and probity
- Judicial review proceedings and appeals rising from regulatory decisions made by statutory bodies