Our Insurance Law group comprises lawyers from our Corporate, Banking, Dispute Resolution and Corporate Recovery teams. The team works as an integrated unit and as a result our clients receive the best technical and commercial legal advice.
Keeping up with the pace of regulatory change in the current business environment is one of the greatest challenges facing the insurance industry. We advise extensively on regulatory matters and developments, including regulation covering authorisations to act, establishment of businesses, provision of cross-border services, on-going supervisory issues.
Our group concentrates on contentious and non-contentious insurance law and regulation. We act for a broad range of insurance businesses as well as for insurance intermediaries.
Our Insurance Law team advises on all aspects of insurance disputes, claims, domestic and cross-border litigation. We have acted for insurers in claims and commercial disputes arising in connection with insurance industry and its regulation.
We also advise on corporate restructurings, reorganisations and transfers within the industry.
• Insurance Directives
• Regulatory Requirements
• Court Schemes Relating to Amalgamation of Insurance Companies and Transfer of Business
• Establishment of Insurance Branches
• Acting for Authorised Life and Non-Life Insurance Companies and Insurance Intermediaries
• On-going Supervisory Issues
• Compliance Obligations
• New Product Development
• Winding-Up / Insolvency of Insurers
• Sale and Purchase of Insurance Businesses and Consolidation and Restructuring
Garrett is a partner in Corporate and head of the Insurance Law group. He has considerable experience in corporate advisory issues, particularly in regulated markets. Read more