Burgeoning new media and on-line publishing opportunities are posing increased legal risk as well as enhanced marketing and advertising opportunities for clients. In addition to years of experience in advising traditional media content providers, our Media Law Group is at the forefront in advising corporate clients and small-to-medium enterprises in how best to manage increased risks and exploit enhanced marketing opportunities.
Our private client commitment ensures tailored advice for creative rights holders, writers, musicians and other talent and performers. Our Media Law Group has experience of providing advice on all commercial issues, banking and finance relating to media business and providing advice across the spectrum of content generation and publication.
• Advice Pre-Publication to Broadcasters, Producers, Print & Book Publishers and New Media content providers
• Book Publishing Contracts
• Broadcasting Complaints Commission & Press Council/Ombudsman Complaints
• Court Reporting - Reporting Restrictions & Contempt Issues
• Defamation Advice
• Defamation Litigation
• Film Production Contracts - Writer’s Agreements, Option Agreements, Talent Contracts, Contributor Releases, Production Finance Agreements
• Image Rights Protection & Brand Management
• Music Collection Society Negotiations
• Music Publishing & Recording Contracts
• Performers & Artists Rights Management & Clearances
• Privacy Law
• Regulatory & Media Merger Competition Issues
Rachel Shanley is a partner in Dispute Resolution specialising in both commercial litigation and media law. Read more