Legal Services - Charity Law
Our lawyers understand the environment in which charitable organisations operate.
From the day to day, to more complex and strategic issues faced by the sector, we provide practical advice to our clients on a range of governance and regulatory issues.
Our multi disciplinary team of corporate, employment, dispute resolution, data protection and intellectual property lawyers provide a seamless service to our clients.
Specialist areas include:
- Establishment of charitable organisations
- Advising on compliance with the Charities Act, Charities Regulatory Authority Governance Code
- Advising directors on their role as directors of a regulated charity
- Advising on all areas of corporate governance including:
- Reviewing and drafting constitutions
- Drafting internal policy procedures and practices
- Review and reorganisation of governance structures
- Attendance at board meetings as required
- Implementation of compliance programmes
- Advising on professional conduct and reputational management
- Advice in respect of fundraising activities and licence applications
- Liaising with the Charities Regulatory Authority
Other Key Contacts