Legal Services - Data Protection & Privacy
Data is becoming an increasingly valuable commodity for all organisations. New and evolving technology allows the collection and storage of data to take place on a vast scale. For every business, data represents a key asset which can potentially be used and analysed in different ways in order to gain competitive advantage and to identify new opportunities for growth.
Data Protection Law and Privacy Regulation Law represents a complex set of rules that must be carefully analysed in order to see exactly how data can be lawfully used, stored and transmitted to third parties. Rapidly changing laws combined with new and emerging technologies result in challenging questions for business about how best to comply with their legal obligations.
Our lawyers have a wide range of expertise in providing practical advice to large multinational clients as well as smaller indigenous businesses on all aspects of data protection law and privacy law.
- Lawful use and processing of data
- Preparation and implementation of data protection policies
- Transmission of data to third parties (including transfers to Non-EEA territories)
- Use of data for marketing purposes
- Investigation by Regulatory Authorities
- Data breaches and security
- Personal data in the context of employment
Head of Department
Direct: +353 1 202 6454
Tel: +353 1 202 6400