Legal Services - Social Housing
Our specialist lawyers have long standing experience in the social housing sector. We are therefore well placed to provide strategic insight to manage transactions of all sizes cost-effectively and to an excellent standard.
We work with approved housing bodies, developers and purchasers, funders and financial institutions on the full spectrum of real estate transactions, including construction, planning, environmental and dispute resolution law as well as funding and security arrangements for the acquisition of properties.
This work is significant to our clients in light of the current acute social housing shortage in Ireland, particularly in the Dublin area. The development of these units is essential to re-supply the market.
- An Approved Housing Body on a joint venture agreement with another social housing provider to develop and operate a scheme for Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council for the development of 155 housing units
- Fold Housing on site acquisition at St Agnes, Armagh Road, Dublin 12 and development of 97 independent living apartments including Housing Finance Authority funding
- A social housing body on acquisition of property and reviewing residential tenancy agreements
- Bank of Ireland in relation to the funding of the development by Cooperative Housing Ireland of 86 social housing residential units in Rathnew, County Wicklow
- A developer of social housing on Substantial Completion and on Certificates of Completion under BCAR Regulations and on dispute with Contractor on providing required documents
- An Approved Housing Body in relation to its involvement as a member of a housing partnership consortium, to build 465 social and affordable houses in eight locations in Ireland. We advised this client on both its membership of the consortium and in relation to the negotiation of the PPP documentation, including the finance documents
- A developer on development agreement and construction contracts including all design team appointments, collateral warranties and step in agreements, performance bond and related construction documents for the construction of 153 units for an Approved Housing Body
- On various acquisitions and development projects for an Approved Housing Body to deliver substantial numbers of social housing units, including advising on all related property, construction and procurement matters as well as funding through the Housing Finance Agency
- On all funding aspects of social housing including Capital Advance Leasing Facilities, Capital Advance Agreements and Payment and Availability Agreements. We also advise on funding through the Housing Finance Agency
- On entering long term lease proposals with Local Authorities and Managing Facilities on behalf of the Local Authority
- Bank of Ireland in relation to the funding of the development by Cooperative Housing Ireland of 56 social housing residential units in North King Street, Dublin